Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sweet Potato-Banana Pancakes




















I think I make WAY too many pancakes! Here's another recipe if you need some more variety in your pancake breakfasts! ;) My son LOVES these just as much as all the other ones I make, although I'm sure he would love them even if I made them plain! :) These ones contain two of his favorites... Sweet potatoes and bananas! I personally love the texture of these... smooth and fluffy. I think maybe its because of the sweet potatoes. I added a little extra stuff for flavor and nutrition... I think orange goes well with sweet potatoes, and I love adding Flaxseed Meal for a boost of Omega 3! Enjoy!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup Arrowhead Mills Pancake Mix
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp Canola Oil
1 tbsp Agave Nectar
2 tbsp Orange Juice (if you want more orange flavor, use some orange zest in addition to the juice)
1 tbsp Flaxseed Meal
1/4 cup Sweet Potato Puree
1 medium banana, sliced or pureed

Mix all ingredients together until well blended and lumps disappear. Cook on preheated (375 F-400 F) lightly oiled griddle or pan, turning when bubbles form on surface and edges begin to dry. Cook for another minute or so until done. Serve and enjoy!

*Note: I'm sure these would be delicious with some maple syrup if you're a fan! My son still likes them plain, and they're easier for him to eat that way too! :) For thicker pancakes, use less liquid; for thinner pancakes, use more liquid. 

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: