Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fruit Smoothie

I wanted to make something quick, healthy and yummy for an easy mid-morning snack. And, since the weather is nice and warm here in AZ, a smoothie was sounding really good! My son LOVED this smoothie! Every time he took a sip, he'd say, "Mmmm, mmmm!". It was so cute! I tasted it and was wishing I had made more for me! I just used some fruits I had on hand, but I added a little wheat germ for some extra protein and folic acid. Because I made this for my son, I used a mix of whole milk and whole milk yogurt. But, if you are making this for yourself, you can lighten it up by using reduced fat or skim milk, and reduced fat yogurt. You could also add some tofu to this recipe to give it a bigger boost of protein! If you want your smoothie to be more of a slushy, use frozen fruit, or add some ice before blending. Enjoy! :)

Ingredients: 
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp wheat germ
1/4 cup strawberries, diced
1/4 cup mango, diced
1 banana, chopped

Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth and creamy! Serve and enjoy!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: