Friday, May 1, 2009

Oatmeal with Pumpkin and Banana




















My son LOVES oatmeal! And it makes me so happy because it's so good for him too! Oats are an excellent source of thiamine, iron, and dietary fiber. I like using the rolled oats usually, but all I had in my pantry was the quick oats, which are also fine to use. You can heat the oatmeal over the stove top or in the microwave per package directions, and it's pretty quick and easy to make. I just like to add "extras" for my son, to make it more delicious! 

Ingredients:
1 cup water
1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1 banana, sliced or mashed
2 tbsps pumpkin puree
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp agave nectar

Cook the oatmeal per package directions. My son was super hungry, so I did mine in the microwave. Mix 1 cup water with 1/2 cup oats, then microwave for 1.5 minutes. When it is done, mix in bananas, pumpkin, cinnamon, and agave nectar. Stir, serve and enjoy! :) Makes about 2 cups.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: