Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nature's Path Oatmeal

I normally like to make my own oatmeal for my son. I get some old-fashioned rolled oats, cook them over the stove, and add my own mix-ins. Then I have to wait for my oatmeal concoction to cool to room temp before I can feed my son... When I have a busy morning, or need to get my family out the door early in the morning, it's instant oatmeal to the rescue! I LOVE these instant oatmeal packets from Nature's Path! I purchased mine at Whole Foods, but they might be available at other stores. They come in many different flavors and they are delicious! My husband and son love them! Since they are organic and have other great healthy ingredients, I don't feel so bad giving them to my son for a quick breakfast. I usually still like to mix in a little more fruit with this oatmeal (I almost always have extra fruit cubes in the freezer or a banana on hand). This particular variety has blueberries and flaxseed in it, which is great for an extra boost of Omega-3 (and of course the antioxidants from the blueberries)! Yum! By the way, these also make a great breakfast or snack to have with you in the hotel when you're traveling! :)
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: