Sunday, April 19, 2009

Blueberry-Apple-Banana Pancakes

Pancakes, again?! Yes, I make pancakes for my son once a week or every 2 weeks. It's a special treat for him and as I said before, he LOVES them! And I don't feel so bad, since they're relatively good for him without syrup! ;) I've made some plain blueberry pancakes for him before, but I like to add a little more fruit (or sometimes veggies), and I love bananas in pancakes! They give a delicious natural sweetness! I also added a little bit of flaxseed meal for an extra boost of Omega 3! Yum! :)

Ingredients: 
3/4 cup Arrowhead Mills Multigrain Pancake Mix
1 tbsp Canola Oil
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp milk, soymilk, rice milk, or water
2 tbsp flaxseed meal
2 tbsp applesauce
1/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 banana, diced or pureed
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp agave nectar

Mix the first 4 ingredients together only until lumps disappear. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Place about 1/4 cup sized scoops onto medium high (375 F-400 F) heated pan (I spray mine with non-stick spray). Spread out batter to make a circular shape. Flip pancakes when bubbles start to form on the surface and the edges begin to dry. Cook the other side until lightly browned. Serve and enjoy! This recipe makes about 6 to 8 four-inch pancakes. 

Note: For thicker pancakes, use less liquid. For thinner pancakes, use more liquid.  

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: