Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Veggie Success!




















I made up this recipe trying to get my son to eat some more veggies. He has his good days and bad days when it comes to veggies and meats... I hate to resort to sneakiness, and this dish really wasn't very sneaky at all! I was so happy that he LOVED this dish! I thought it was pretty yummy too! :) I mixed some scrambled egg (Yay! Protein!) with his favorite veggie, sweet potato and some broccoli. I was one happy mama when I saw him sign "more"! If you have younger babies (under 12 months), you can use 2 egg yolks instead of 1 whole egg. Also, you can use broccoli puree instead of chopped broccoli if your baby isn't eating chunky foods yet. Enjoy! :)

Ingredients:
1 tbsp butter
1 egg (or 2 egg yolks)
1 tbsp milk
1/4 cup broccoli, chopped and cooked (pureed if desired)
1/4 cup sweet potato puree
1 tbsp onion, finely chopped (or you can sprinkle some onion powder)
2 turns fresh ground black pepper
2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese (any shredded cheese would be fine)

Melt butter in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion to skillet and saute for 2 minutes. Whisk together egg, milk, and pepper (and onion powder if using instead of onion). Add to skillet and cook until only middle is soft. Add broccoli and sweet potato puree, and mix to combine with egg mixture. Cook until everything is heated through and combined. Serve in bowls with cheese on top (I like to mix-in the cheese with all the other ingredients so you can taste it throughout). Makes about 2 toddler-sized servings. 

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: