Friday, June 5, 2009

Egg Scramble




















I was so excited to use my first veggie from my garden... a beautiful green bell pepper! I picked it in the morning, then used it in our breakfast! It was delicious! I'm sure this recipe exists elsewhere... cookbooks, diners, etc. But, I just threw a bunch of stuff I had on hand together and it made a great start to the day!

Ingredients:
5 eggs
1 tbsp butter
1 medium tomato, diced
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
1/2 medium onion, diced (I like Vidalia... so sweet!)
1 tbsp garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste

In a medium bowl, whisk eggs together until smooth. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat (I also spray a little non-stick spray, just in case..). Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add tomato. Cook for about 2 more minutes. Pour egg mixture into pan and start scrambling! Mix all ingredients together until eggs are done. Add salt and pepper to your desired taste. Serves 2. 

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: