Sunday, October 13, 2013

Circle Quilt for my Niece

I think circle quilts have got to be one of my favorites to make. 
They are pretty easy and quick to put together. Especially when you have the right tools. I love using my EZ Quilting Easy Circle Cut acrylic template with my rotary cutter. Since I have a hard time just drawing circles, the template makes it way easy for me to make a perfect little fabric circle. 


My other favorite part of circle quilts, is the raw edge applique. I love the way the circle edges fray after washing. There's something charming about a little bit of fray. ;)


This one is going to my new niece, who is expected to arrive right around Thanksgiving time... my favorite time of year. Her mom requested aquas and pinks, so instead of buying new fabric, I went through my stash and found all different kinds of pinks and aquas that still look good together. I think it kind of looks like an "I Spy" quilt too. 


Again, I went with a simple back, using some baby pink fabric, along with a hexagon of AMH velveteen. 


I also made a bunch of onesies for my niece (necklace onesie, and tutu-bum onesies), as well as some pjs and burp cloths. I love making baby stuff! :)

Also, if you notice, my shop is now open again. Selling some more onesies, a quilt, and some fabric from my stash. Check it out! :)




Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: