Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Another Baby "I Spy" Quilt

AmysCreativeSide


So, I finished another quilt this week... just in time to enter it into the Blogger's Quilt Festival contest! If you haven't already, check out Amy's blog by clicking on the link above. Check out all the beautiful quilts! :)


As you know, I love making baby stuff... and I especially love making quilts, so I decided to make another baby quilt, with a favorite "I Spy" theme. 


They are so fun and simple to make, and a great way to use up scraps! 
Oh yeah, and kids love playing "I Spy". 
My son still uses his, and now my daughter is getting good at "spying". ;)


I did a mix of solid colors and different children's fabrics... some favorite characters too!
 I tried to keep it somewhat gender-neutral. 
I quilted with my usual meandering stipple, but didn't want to quilt over the "spy" fabric, so I just quilted the borders and sashing. I also added some "tags" by putting pieces of folded ribbon along the edges as I was sewing on the binding. I used a scrap piece of alphabet fabric for the binding.


I also kept the back simple again. I had this good size piece of flannel fabric with safari animals on it. It will be nice and snuggly for babies. I plan on listing this in my Etsy shop soon! :)

Hope you're having a great week!
 Happy Halloween!






Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

CitricSugar said...

Great I-Spy!! I always love it when quilts for children can be used as a game, and a learning one at that!