Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pinwheel Quilt

So, after I had finished the three Grandpa quilts, I wanted to use up some of my fabric that's been sitting in my china fabric cabinet for awhile. I decided on my leftover layer cake of Botany fabric by Lauren and Jessi Jung. It is such a great fabric collection and so happy looking! I had seen a tutorial about an easier way to make half-square triangles, and decided that I would give it a try. I've always been a little scared of triangles... so much measuring... needing them perfectly lined up. Ugh! But, once I tried it, I found, this was SO easy! I couldn't believe I was making a quilt with triangles!


So here's how it ended up! Not too shabby, for a non-triangle girl. ;) Again, I love the colors in this collection of fabrics. Reminds me of that time between spring and summer, when the weather is perfect, and everything is in bloom. So, I posted a picture on Facebook, and asked if anyone wanted this one. My mom, of course, wants all my quilts! But my sister-in-law also was interested, so this one went to her. :)


I did my usual meandering stipple. It is my favorite, and makes for a nice, soft, wrinkly quilt. 


I kept the back simple with just the yellow fabric from the collection, and used a leftover pinwheel to make my hexagon tag. I'm thinking I might make more pinwheel quilts. ;)

Head here for an easier way to make half-square triangles. 

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! 




Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: