Sunday, July 31, 2011

Going in Circles Quilt finished!

Well, I've finished the 4th and final quilt for my son... at least until he's older and decides he's into something besides robots, bugs, or transportation. ;)



Here's his "Going in Circles" quilt. I used Ann Kelle's super cute fabric collection, Ready, Set, Go!, along with some other fabrics I had on hand. I had seen this circle-in-a-square pattern in a magazine a while back, and I knew that I wanted to do it someday. I felt this fabric collection was perfect for it! The Easy Circle Cut ruler really made cutting circles much easier! 


I had to wash this right after I finished it, because I love the way the edges of the circles fray in the wash. It looks so cozy and soft! :) I did minimal quilting on this quilt, since I wanted it to stay a little softer. I just did some straight lines 1/4" along the horizontal seams. 


The only part I'm not super happy about is the back. I obviously still have a problem lining up my backs correctly with my fronts. :/  I used some Riley Blake Cheery Circles in green, along with a few leftover blocks to continue the circle theme from the front.


For the binding, I used Ann Kelle's Remix in Bermuda. The colors matched perfectly, and I love the stripes! 

My son is excited to have another quilt to swap out when he's feeling in the mood for a new theme! ;)



Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

I love it, especially the colors. Doesn't it feel great when you complete something. I am in the middle of a project and I am taking two days off from it.

~Dawn~ said...

Beautiful! You did a great job.