Monday, April 4, 2011

Progress on Honeycomb Quilt


Well, over the past month or so, I've been suffering from severe allergies. Apparently everything is in bloom right now. Spring has definitely sprung, and I wish I could go outside enjoy the nice weather before it gets unbearably hot. On top of the allergies, about a week ago, I caught the flu. And unfortunately, I'm still dealing with occasional morning sickness. Super fun times. So, while I was laying on the couch trying to recover from all this, I decided I might as well do something with my hands. So, I went back to work on my Honeycomb Quilt. It is nice to be able to sit and relax while I hand-sew all these hexagons together. I'm thinking I might just make this for baby #2. My son's old nursery is already set up in a gender-neutral bumblebee theme, and this would definitely match the room. So far, I have almost 9 rows done, but still have lots more hexagons to add. 

I'm hoping to start working on lots of other projects soon. We find out the sex of the baby on Wednesday, so I'm excited to start making more gender-specific items. :) 



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: