Friday, April 22, 2011

Another Quilt Finish, a WIP, and a gift...

I finally finished this red, black and white quilt! 


 The fabric is from the collection Always and Forever by Alex Anderson. My wonderful Mom helped me crawl all over the floor pinning the quilt during my least favorite process--basting. Two people made it go so much faster, and was less of a strain on my back (and belly). :) Thanks, Mom! 


I opted for a very simple quilt job. Just straight lines 1/4" away from the seams around some of the blocks, and down the center. Easy, peasy, done! This quilt is off to a group of people in California that are collecting quilts to give to the people in Japan. Check out North Hills Quilter if you're interested in donating a quilt. 


I'm also working on this quilt for my baby girl. I've almost got the quilt top done. I used a couple of charm packs from the Sunkissed fabric collection by Sweetwater, with patchwork tumbler blocks. I think I'll call it "Cup of Sunshine". :) 


I also recently finished this pillow for my niece's birthday. She had requested a pillow based on this drawing she did in school:


I decided it was easier to make a pillowcase, then just add a pillow insert. All the colors were supposed to be different, so I did the best I could matching up the colors, along with the sizes of the patches using lots of my scraps (great scrap buster!). I added a pink ribbon and a button, then appliqued the heart patch onto some blue fabric to match her room. I didn't get to see her open it, but I heard she loved it! :)

Hope you all have a great weekend and a wonderful Easter! 



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: