Wednesday, April 27, 2011

More W.I.P.'s...


So, I finished quilting the tumbler quilt yesterday! I just did my usual meandering stipple all over. Now I'm waiting on some binding fabric that I ordered. While I'm waiting... 


I finished another quilt top for my baby girl. I used Anna Maria Horner's Innocent Crush collection in a simple checkerboard pattern, alternating colors with white. I opted on just the pink, yellow, red, orange, and brown from the collection. This is going to be a signature quilt for my upcoming baby shower that my mom is throwing for me. We will have the guests sign in the white squares. I'm excited to see how it turns out! :)



Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

~Dawn~ said...

Love your work and always look forward to your posts! What a wonderful idea - signature quilt - my niece is pregnant and that would be perfect. Will you just use a fabric marker? What size squares do you use for your baby quilts? Thank you for posting!!

mamammelloves said...

Hi, Dawn! Thank you so much for your sweet comment! :) Yes, I will probably have fabric markers, and maybe some fabric paints out for people to use too. There will be kids at my shower, so I thought it would be fun for them to do a handprint on their squares. The squares on this signature quilt are 5" (4.5" after piecing). I would love to see yours if you make one! :)