Monday, May 9, 2011

Baby Girl Blankets

Over the past week, I made 3 baby blankets for my daughter-to-be! I could probably make a hundred of them! But, I think I'm getting a little carried away with blankets/quilts, and should probably move on to something else. ;)


The first blanket is a snuggly blanket, with a simple cotton front using the Party Dress hexagon panel by Mo Bedell and a minky back, using some soft green I found in the remnants section at Joann's. 


I did a simple binding the same as I do for my quilts, using more of the fabric from the collection. 


I decided to try some hand-tying to keep the layers together. I just used embroidery floss in pink and green on the hexagon corners throughout the blanket. 


I also made 2 larger receiving/swaddling blankets using Anna Maria Horner's Little Folks Voile, and Folksy Flannels. They are SOOO soft! I think me and the boys will be fighting baby girl for these! ;) If you are looking for a good receiving blanket pattern, here's the one I used. They are very quick to make!

I hope you are all having a great start to the week! :)



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: