The original pattern was for a twin sized quilt and I didn't want it that big, so I made it a throw sized quilt. It measures approximately 54 inches by 65 inches.
I decided to use Kona Cotton in Coffee for the back with a little strip of bricks in the middle. It turns out I am human, and I've made quite a noticeable mistake on the back. My cute little strip of bricks is quite slanted. Oops! By the time I realized it, it was too late. :( I learned that even though I find a mistake extremely noticeable, the people receiving the quilt don't. So, I try my hardest not to worry too much over the little mistakes. If they are noticed, they only add to the charm of a homemade gift. :)
I used more "Cherry Cordial" in blue for the binding. Since I did a Garden Brick Wall design, I thought I'd try something different for the quilting. So, I decided to do a "climbing vine" design. I just connected little leaves in between squiggly lines to make my vines. The quilting was actually much faster than my usual meandering stipple design, and it was nice to know that I could do something new besides stipple. :)
Other than my mistake on the back, I was pretty pleased with the way this turned out. And, my sister loves it! Success! :)
I also want to thank my recent visitors on my last post for all your sweet comments about my grandpa. They really meant a lot to me and cheered me up during these difficult days.