Monday, October 27, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival Entry!

AmysCreativeSide.com

Hi, all! It's been a while since I've posted anything. I don't get much computer time anymore when I'm so busy with the kiddos. But I really wanted to enter a quilt in the Blogger's Quilt Festival over on Amy's blog. So here it goes... I'm entering this into the Modern Quilt category. Seems pretty modern to me, anyways. :)




If you follow my blog, you may have seen this one before, but it's my fave... My Diamond in the Rough Quilt! I think this design is sometimes also called a kite shape, but they look like diamonds to me. Same diff, right? Anyways, I made this quilt using some Innocent Crush fabric by Anna Maria Horner that I had in my stash, along with some Kona Cotton in Ash. I really love how the color pops with the grey.


However, my favorite part of this quilt is that none of the diamonds are perfect. They are all wonky and it looks so fun! :) I did some wonky diamond machine quilting, along with a few hand-quilted diamonds, using Anna Maria Horner's line of Pearl Cotton thread.


I kept the back pretty simple by making some coins of more Innocent Crush in between some more Kona Ash. I used a pretty hot pink solid for the binding. It's one of my favorite quilts! Did I say that already? ;) Oh well! Enjoy!

And if you have a chance, stop on by Amy's blog and check out all the beautiful entries for the Blogger's Quilt Festival! :) Have a great week!



Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

Poppyprint said...

Yes it's modern and it is so fun! I love wonky - it's way more fun to piece and provides a more interesting, eye-catching quilt than something repetitive and perfect. Well done!

Kate said...

Love the pops of color in with the ash. It's very eye catching, keeps your eyes moving every where.

Tara Celeste said...

Love this! AMH is always great, and I love how your design is wonky :)

knottygnome said...

such a simple block but it makes a big impact! love all the negative space.

amy said...

This is a beautiful scrappy quilt! I love the Kona you chose, it really makes the AMH fabrics pop :)