Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Second Quilt!

Here's the second quilt I've made... this one is for my other niece. I had planned on giving this to her for Christmas. But, when her invitation arrived in the mail with "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" theme, I thought this would be perfect to give to her for her birthday! :) I am so excited for her to open it! When I saw this fabric, I was SOOO excited to make a quilt out of it! It is toddler-sized, but she will be able to use it as a throw quilt later on. Here's the front:


...and the back:

I still have a lot to learn when it comes to quilting, but I think with each one I make, I am slowly improving. :)


Share/Save/Bookmark

8 comments:

Widge said...

That is sooooo cool!! The hungry caterpillar was one of my favourite stories as a kid. Well done! very clever

Widge said...

That is sooooo cool!! The hungry caterpillar was one of my favourite stories as a kid. Well done! very clever

Sara said...

It is so cute... she'll love it!

Anonymous said...

its fantastic..

my friend once took me to a quilting guild..it was awesome..

lululu said...

oh, wow! i always adore those with such perfect arty hands!
you are too good, mel!

Sara E said...

hey Mel...

remember I purchased one of your argyle sock monkeys at least a month ago ... well, I gave it as a present at a baby shower a couple weeks ago & she loved it a ton!

thanks again!

Anonymous said...

The quilt is SOOOO cute! I bet she'll LOVE it!

Debbie said...

I love the hungry caterpillar! What a great quilt.