Saturday, May 9, 2009

Chicken Salad Mini Pitas




















I originally made these mini pitas with my son in mind, but he hasn't been very fond of meats right now... So my husband and I gobbled them down! :) They are pretty easy to make, and they are a great little snack or hors d'oeuvre to serve at your next lunch or dinner party. You can easily serve this in a normal-sized pita, maybe with some crunchy lettuce! I just had the mini pitas on hand for my son. :)

Ingredients:
1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
Pita bread
2 tbsp light mayo
1 tbsp lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine mayo, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, dill, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Stuff into pita pockets, and enjoy! :) 

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: