I finished another quilt this weekend!
This one is a baby-sized "I Spy" Quilt for my new nephew... due this fall. I started this before I knew if my sister would be having a boy or a girl, so I used mostly primary colors, or semi-gender-neutral colors. I decided on a stacked coins design for the middle, using 3" by 5" rectangles, alternating solids with prints, with some white sashing in between. This is a great way to use up scraps too! :)
To make the quilt more square, I used some green fabric for borders on the tops and sides. I decided on a brown with polka dots fabric for the binding, and added some ribbons for "tags" as I was sewing on the binding. I did a simple quilt design of wavy lines, and added some hand-stitched letters at the top with the words, "I Spy...".
I left the back a simple piece of fabric I had on hand... white with yellow and green dots. In the bottom right corner of the quilt, I hand-stitched "2011". I've decided that it will be a good idea to somehow tag the year the quilt is made on all my quilts from now on. :)
I am working on some quilts for my son now, so more pics soon, I hope!